We have had an amazing little summer but I am slowing getting ready to get back to the routine of every day life, and that means it is time to jump back on the clean eating wagon. Goodbye afternoon tea, seaside treats and eating out, it is time to fuel this body with the good stuff again.
My life is about to change forever, my baby starts school next week and as much as I am going to miss him terribly, I am excited to see what life will be like with 6+ hours to myself each day, I haven’t had that in over 8 years. Getting back to the blog is the first thing on my to do list. It will give me something to keep me busy and healthy at the same time so I thought what better way to kick off this new chapter of my life than a 7 Day Clean Eating Challenge starting Monday 5th September – Sunday 11th September.
The Challenge is simple;
- Eat a colourful, well balanced salad for one meal each day, for 7 days.
I don’t mean a sad looking bowl of iceberg and cucumber, I mean a bright and vibrant salad filled with colourful vegetables, lean protein (meat, fish, lentils, beans, tofu, quinoa etc) and a some fat (eggs, avocado, oily fish, cheese, nuts etc). You can also include complex carbohydrates in the form of wholegrains, beans or starchy vegetables.
I will be posting my daily salads on my Instagram account as well as (hopefully) posting a new clean eating salad recipe to the blog each day too so be sure to sign up to get new recipes delivered to your inbox for free!
Here are a few recipes to get your started;
- Clean Eating Baby Kale Berry Salad
- Clean Eating Super Salad with Goats Cheese and Lentils
- Clean Eating Mackerel White Bean Salad
- Clean Eating Walnut Crusted Goats Cheese Salad
- Clean Eating Quinoa Funfetti Salad
- Clean Eating Pomegranate & Goats Cheese Salad
- Clean Eating Greek Quinoa Salad
- Clean Eating Chicken & Prosciutto Salad
- Clean Eating Blueberry & Goats Cheese Salad
- Clean Eating Salmon, Egg & Green Bean Salad
- Clean Eating Houmous & Chickpea Salad
- Clean Eating Melon Proscuitto Salad
- Clean Eating Watermelon Salad
- Clean Eating Mexican Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad
- Clean Eating Butternut Squash, Goats Cheese & Beetroot Salad
- Clean Eating Autumn Chicken & Apple Salad
- Clean Eating Cinnamon Spiced Sweet Potato Salad
- Clean Eating Beetroot Houmous Salad
Good Luck! xox