Today is the final day of our 7 Day Salad Challenge and our last recipe for the week is this delicious gluten free, vegan and vegetarian Mexican Sweet Potato & Quinoa Salad. It’s a great source of protein and nutrients!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Whilst this might not look like a quick and easy throw together salad, with a bit of clever planning it could be! You could easily save some leftover sweet potatoes or cooked quinoa from a previous dinner during the week and then put them all together in a salad. Although, I made this from scratch for my lunch and it was worth waiting 25 minutes for.
Eating salad this week has been good for me. With the emotion of my littlest starting big school, being ‘that time of the month‘ and living in a bit of a building site, I could have easily buried my head in a bag of jam doughnuts. Some days I really didn’t want to eat salad but feeling accountable to the blog and the challenge spurred me on to just do it and I am so glad I did. I have definitely had more energy and feel more comfortable in my skin. I have also created 7 new salad recipes and got the blog bug back. Its a win win and all thanks to those little green leaves 😉
This weeks recipes:
- Clean Eating Chicken & Prosciutto Salad
- Clean Eating Blueberry Goats Cheese Salad
- Clean Eating Salmon, Egg & Green Bean Salad
- Clean Eating Houmous & Chickpea Salad
- Clean Eating Melon & Prosciutto Salad
- Clean Eating Watermelon Salad
Clean Eating Mexican Sweet Potato & Quinoa Salad
- Yield: 1 Servings
It's a great source of protein and nutrients!
- 2 Handfuls Mixed Salad Leaves
- 1 Tomato diced
- 1/2 Avocado diced
- 1/4 Red Onion sliced
- 2 Heaped Tablespoons Sweetcorn
- 2 Heaped Tablespoons Black Beans from a carton/tin
- 50 gram Quinoa
- 100 ml Stock/Water to cook Quinoa
- 1 Small Sweet Potato peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 pinch Chilli Powder
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice
- 1 Small Handful Fresh Coriander or Parsley
- 1 Lemon or Lime Wedge
- Preheat the oven to 180*C.
- Place the sweet potato cubes into a non stick oven proof dish and sprinkle over the paprika, oregano, cumin, chilli powder and salt. Drizzle over the oil and stir together until well coated.
- Roast the sweet potatoes in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa and place it into a saucepan with 100ml of stock or water and bring to the boil.
- Once it starts to bubble, turn the heat to the lowest setting and put the lid on. Simmer for 12 minutes.
- Whilst everything cooks, place the salad leaves into your bowl or plate and top with the tomato, avocado, red onion, sweetcorn and black beans
- Once the quinoa and sweet potato pieces are cooked, add them to the salad and squeeze over some lemon or lime juice (or both).
- Serve and enjoy.