Today is the start of our 7 Day Salad Challenge! A great way to get us all back on track after the summer, so this week I will be sharing some salad inspiration with you to get you started and keep you motivated!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
To kick us off, here is a simple, low carb, paleo, chicken and prosciutto salad. Perfect if you have some leftover cooked chicken in the fridge that needs using up. You can make this as fancy as you like by adding clean croutons, cheese or extra veggies but you can also get away with keeping it plain too.
Honestly, chicken AND prosciutto in a salad is a bit indulgent for me and not something I would eat every day of the week, but this recipe shows that a salad doesn’t have to be boring. Feel free to add some complex carbs if you need to bulk it out a bit, a slice of wholegrain rye bread would work really well.
You may also like;
- Clean Eating Super Salad with Goats Cheese and Lentils (Vegetarian, Gluten Free)
- Clean Eating Mackerel & White Bean Salad (Pescatarian, Gluten Free)
- Clean Eating Quinoa Funfetti Salad (Vegan/Vegetarian/Gluten Free)
Clean Eating Chicken & Prosciutto Salad
- Yield: 1 Servings
You can make this as fancy as you like by adding clean croutons, cheese or extra veggies but you can also get away with keeping it plain too.
- 2 Handfuls Salad Leaves I used mixed leaves and spinach
- 1/2 Large Avocado or a whole baby avocado
- 1 Small Cooked Chicken Breast or any leftover cooked chicken
- 1 Slice Clean Prosciutto (nitrate free)
- 1 Drizzle Olive Oil/Balsamic Vinegar optional
- 1 Soft Boiled/Poached Egg optional
- Scatter the leaves around your serving plate or bowl.
- Slice the avocado and add it to the salad leaves and shred on the cooked chicken.
- Dry fry or grill the prosciutto until crisp.
- Top the salad with the crisp prosciutto and a soft boiled/poached egg and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar if desired.