I love clean eating, but I also love convenient eating. Life can be really busy and sometimes if it wasn’t for some convenient clean eating cupboard essentials, I would find myself stuck at mealtimes.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click her to sign up!
Keeping your cupboards stocked with food that you can quickly put together to make a meal is so useful. It can be the difference between eating clean or not on those days when you find yourself stuck for meal ideas.
This salad can be eaten for lunch or dinner, it’s ready in minutes and is so delicious and satisfying. Protein packed, this will keep you feeling full until your next meal. I used John West steamed, simply natural tinned mackerel, but you could use fresh smoked mackerel too.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Super Salad with Goats Cheese & Lentils
- Clean Eating Quinoa Funfetti Salad
- 10 Clean Eating Salad Ideas
Clean Eating Mackerel White Bean Salad
- Yield: 1 Servings
This salad can be eaten for lunch or dinner, it's ready in minutes and is so delicious and satisfying. Protein packed, this will keep you feeling full until your next meal.
- 2 handfuls Salad Leaves I used spinach and watercress
- 1 handful Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 tin or carton White Beans such as cannellini, butter beans or haricot beans
- 1 tin Natural Steamed Mackerel
- 1 pinch Chilli Flakes optional
- Place your salad leaved onto a large plate or bowl and top with cherry tomatoes.
- Add the mackerel, beans and top with chilli flakes.
- You could also add a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.