I’ve pretty much made it my mission to keep reinventing the humble egg. Such a small, inexpensive powerhouse, packed with protein, fat, vitamins and minerals it’s easy to see why they are a clean eaters best friend. (Unless of course you are allergic to eggs… Then maybe not so much).
I love eggs and I eat them in one form or another mostly every day. At breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a quick snack to see me through until my next meal. They are so versitile and can take on big bold flavours and a combination of other ingredients.
Flavouring a fried egg, sunny side up, is one of our favourite ways to cook eggs in our house. You can pretty much sprinkle anything on top of that egg and it will taste great. Rosemary and sea salt is always a winner and I still love me some Bonfire Fried Eggs in the morning.
I’ve got the Mexican bug again (It happens every now and then) usually when I have a pot of coriander to use up and I try to think of all the ways I can use it up in a recipe. This egg is simple to make but packs a massive flavour punch when served on a wholegrain rice cake, topped with smashed avocado and cherry tomatoes….. YUM! Give it a try!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Rosemary Sea Salt Scrambled Eggs
- Clean Eating Coconut Oil Fried Eggs
- Clean Eating Beetroot Goats Cheese Omelette
Clean Eating Mexican Fried Egg
- Yield: 1 Servings
This egg is simple to make but packs a massive flavour punch when served on toast or a wholegrain rice cake, topped with smashed avocado and cherry tomatoes.
- 1/2 tsp Oil of choice I used Avocado Oil
- 1 Egg organic if possible
- 1 pinch Fine Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Chilli Powder
- 1 pinch Ground Cumin
- 1 pinch Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1 pinch Dried Oregano
- 1 Wholegrain Rice Cake
- 1/2 Baby Avocado
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes
- Place the oil into a frying pan and heat.
- Once the oil has heated up, turn the heat to low and crack in the egg.
- Top the egg with all of the spices and cook slowly for 3-4 minutes until the white is firm.
- Serve on a wholegrain rice cake, topped with mashed avocado, cherry tomatoes and coriander.