Pasta is just so quick and convenient, It is probably the one ingredient most Mothers wouldn’t want to live without.
I like to change up my families diet quite a bit. I don’t like to let myself get stuck making the same thing over and over again. I’m trying really hard to rely less on wheat, but I still need a quick ‘go to’ ingredient when I find myself in a rush at dinner times.
That is where my beloved brown rice pasta comes in. What a lifesaver! We all love it in our house, it works just the same as regular pasta but it is wheat free. I love that I can alternate between pastas to enjoy a more balanced diet for myself and my family.
Clean Eating Turkey Broccoli Brown Rice Pasta is a quick 20 minute one pot meal. It is gluten free, delicious and creamy and contains no dairy. To make it completely vegan, you can replace the turkey with sliced mushrooms. That would taste great!
A little tip: If you leave the pasta to stand for a while after cooking it will get a bit thick and stodgy but you can revive it by adding just a splash of almond milk, the stir to combine.
You can check out more delicious turkey recipes from our fabulous sponsors, British Turkey.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Turkey Brown Rice Pasta Bake
- Clean Eating ‘Cheesy’ Chilli Broccoli Quinoa
- Clean Eating Vegan Carbonara
Clean Eating Turkey Broccoli Brown Rice Pasta
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
Clean Eating Turkey Broccoli Brown Rice Pasta is a quick 20 minute one pot meal. It is gluten free, delicious and creamy and contains no dairy. For a completely vegan meal, you can replace the turkey with sliced mushrooms, that would taste great!
- 250 grams Turkey Breast
- 500 ml Almond Milk
- 500 ml Stock
- 3 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1 pinch Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 300 grams Brown Rice Pasta
- 200 grams Fresh Broccoli
- 1 pinch Dried Chilli Flakes to serve - optional
- Cut the turkey breast into very small bite size pieces.
- Place the almond milk, stock and 2 Tablespoons of the nutritional yeast into a large saucepan.
- Add the turkey to the saucepan and turn on the heat. Bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, turn the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. (The liquid might look a little frothy and curdled, but its ok!).
- After 5 minutes add the pasta and turn up the heat.
- Once bubbling again, turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally as the pasta can stick to the pan a little.
- After the 5 minutes, add the broccoli and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once cooked turn off the heat. The turkey should be completely done, but check to be sure.
- Stir in the last Tablespoon off nutritional yeast and serve and enjoy.Adults might like to sprinkle some dried chilli flakes over the top of theirs... it gives it a great little kick!