This has been one of my favourite breakfasts (lunch or dinners) for a while now. It is very simple but packs a big old flavour punch. It came about after I had read some of the health benefits of turmeric and then decided to use it more often in my cooking (I only really use it for making Clean Eating Sausage Jambalaya) but once it had landed on my morning eggs, it was a match made in heaven!
Depending on how you are feeling you could double the recipe, add an extra egg white or two or just make it with all egg whites. Whatever you fancy. Just know that the yolk is pretty much the star of the show so I would always keep at least one whole egg in 🙂
You may also like:
Clean Eating Bonfire Fried Eggs
- Yield: 1 Servings
Depending on how you are feeling you could double the recipe, add an extra egg white or two or just make it with all egg whites.
- 1/2 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 pinch Mild Chilli Powder
- 3-4 drops Tamaric Sauce to serve (optional)
- 1 slice Clean Rye Bread toated to serve
- 1 handful Spinach, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Kale, Pepplers, Courgettes cooked to serve
- Melt the coconut oil in a non stick pan over a high heat. Once melted turn the heat to low and add the egg.
- Cook the egg gently on one side until it is ready to turn over. Once turned over sprinkle the turmeric and chilli powder onto the cooked side which is now facing up.
- Once the bottom of the egg is cooked to your preference, flip the egg over once more to cook the spices for a few seconds.
- Serve on a slice of toasted rye bread with a dash of tamari sauce if using and wilted spinach, fried mushrooms, peppers, courgette or any vegetable of your choice.