Apple and Cinnamon French Toast
How much do you love French toast? Apple and Cinnamon French Toast is quite literally the breakfast of my dreams! I have spent whole days thinking about and waiting for breakfast or brunch, lunch or dessert to come around so that I could make this amazing recipe.
If you have been following the blog for a while, you will know that I am a huge fan of St. Dalfour preserves for many reasons. Firstly, because of the vast amount of flavours there are to choose from. Secondly because of how versatile these preserves are. (I use them in lots of different recipes on the blog. From overnight oats, mini cheesecake bites to savoury dishes like apricot beans and even meatballs!) And finally, but most importantly because these preserves are all natural, made 100% from fruit and sweetened only with grape and fruit juice concentrates.
Apple & Cinnamon Preserve
I shared my excitement on Facebook a few weeks ago after I found out that St. Dalfour had created a brand new Apple and Cinnamon preserve. I could not wait to get my hands on this jar and so I ordered it direct from the St. Dalfour website. It was amazing! After making this Apple and Cinnamon French Toast recipe I decided to contact St. Dalfour and asked if they would provide a few of my favourite flavoured preserves (including the new Apple & Cinnamon flavour and of course the gorgeous spoon) for a fun giveaway and they so kindly sent them over which makes me love them even more! The giveaway is on Instagram so head on over there to be in with a chance of winning!
How many people will this French Toast Recipe serve?
This French Toast recipe serves two people but if you are feeling particularly hungry, no one will blame you for consuming the whole thing. (It’s even delicious cold if, like me, you want to eat it all yourself but can’t manage it in one sitting!).
I used some regular shop bought wholemeal bread for this recipe because that’s what I had but you could use any bread you like. Top with sweet maple syrup and tart fresh raspberries for an all round party for your tastebuds. Quick, easy and oh so delicious! Let me know if you make it!
Head over to The Kitchen Shed Instagram page to be in with a chance of winning this gorgeous hamper of St. Dalfour preserves including my personal favourites;
- Raspberry & Pomegranate
- Apple & Cinnamon
- Strawberry & Thick Cut Orange Gift Box with Spoon
- Wild Blueberry
- Golden Peach
- Miniture Set; Thick Cut Orange, Strawberry, Apricot & Raspberry
Apple & Cinnamon French Toast
- Yield: 2 Servings
How to make Apple & Cinnamon French Toast at home. Quick, easy and delicious! This healthy breakfast recipe can be enjoyed by the whole family.
- 2 slices Wholemeal Bread
- 2 Tablespoons Apple & Cinnamon Preserve
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoon Milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Oil of choice I used olive oil
- 1 Handful Fresh Raspberries to serve
- 1-3 teaspoons Maple Syrup to serve
- Spread each slice of bread with 1 Tablespoon of the Apple & Cinnamon Preserve on one side.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and cinnamon in a wide shallow bowl.
- In a large non stick pan, heat the butter and oil over a medium/low heat until melted.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture, preserve side down first, and turn to soak the other side.
- Place the soaked bread into the saucepan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and slightly crisp.
- If the pan is big enough you can cook both pieces of bread at the same time, if not just cook one after the other.
- Once cooked, serve the French Toast with a handful of fresh raspberries and a good drizzle of maple syrup.