I wouldn’t say that I am overnight oats biggest fan but I LOVE the concept and the ease of having breakfast pre made and waiting for you in the fridge.
I have had a few overnight oat disasters but luckily I have kept searching for combinations of ingredients and flavours that work for me, like my Apple & Cinnamon Overnight Oats, because breakfast on the go is definitely my kind of breakfast.
Overnight oats are great in theory but you have got to be ok with eating them cold. Warm oats are porridge, overnight oats are something completely different. But on a warm summers morning after a sweaty workout they are actually pretty useful and this combination of flavours, textures and ingredients is super tasty.
I like my oats to be sweet, so using a ripe banana and 3 teaspoons of jam is how I would enjoy this most but if you don’t have such a need for sweet things, you can drop the raspberry jam down to 2 teaspoons. Just be sure to top the oats with plenty of fresh or frozen raspberries, it makes it extra delicious!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Apple & Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Clean Eating Berry Kiwi Porridge
- Clean Eating Raspberry French Toast
Clean Eating Banana & Raspberry Overnight Oats
- Yield: 1 Servings
Be sure to top the oats with plenty of fresh or frozen raspberries, it makes it extra delicious!
- 40 grams Jumbo Rolled Oats
- 1 Banana sliced
- 2-3 teaspoons Clean Raspberry Jam I used St Dalfours
- 125 ml Milk of choice I used Rice Milk
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds to serve
- 1 handful Raspberries fresh or frozen to serve
- Place a layer of sliced bananas on the bottom of a glass or jar and top with 1 tsp of the raspberry jam. Top with 1/3 of the oats.
- Continue to layer the banana slices, jam and oats until you have used them all up.
- Slowly pour over the milk over the oats and place into the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, top the oats with chia seeds and fresh or frozen raspberries and serve.