The addiction is real! I’ve gone months without eating french toast, or much toast at all for that matter and now I have eaten french toast 3 times in the last week. I might have a little problem.
I love the bouncy texture of french toast and the ease of having all of the ingredients of my meal cook together in one pan, at one time. There is no faffing with toasting you bread whilst frying your egg and hoping you have got the timings down perfectly for everything to be ready at the same time.
This one pan wonder is full of heat, flavour and health boosting golden turmeric. Turmeric is said to be great for reducing inflammation in the body and since chronic inflammation can play a huge role in the likelihood of developing certain diseases, we could all do with adding a little sprinkle into our meals.
This recipe can be served as it is but it would be extra delicious with a side of Clean Eating Guacamole… Mmmmmmm!!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Cinnamon French Toast
- Clean Eating Raspberry French Toast
- Clean Eating Savoury French Toast & Smoked Salmon
Clean Eating Turmeric & Chilli French Toast
- Yield: 1 Servings
This recipe can be served as it is but it would be extra delicious with a side of Clean Eating Guacamole.
- 1 tsp Oil of choice I used coconut oil
- 2 small slices Clean Wholegrain Bread like Cranks Organic Wholemeal
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/8 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 pinch Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley or Coriander to serve
- 1 pinch Dried Chilli Flakes to serve
- Heat the oil in a large non stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Whisk together the egg, turmeric, chilli powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Dip each side of the bread into the egg mixture and place into the saucepan.
- Cook gently for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh parsley or coriander and a sprinkle of dried chilli flakes.