I love a bit of weeknight ‘Fakeaway’. Indian, Chinese, British… It doesn’t matter, my kids think I am supermum when I cook up homemade takeaway food.
Egg fried rice is a winner in our house, and so easy to make. Just cooked wholegrain rice, scrambled eggs and whatever spices you like, its amazing how kids all of a sudden LOVE to eat wholegrain rice when there are eggs involved.
If you are a long time follower of the blog, you will know I am a self confessed turkey addict. We eat turkey all the time. My poor husband isn’t such a fan but I have a better shot at getting away with cooking it when it’s in a stir fry.
This stir fry is really quick and easy to make. I used frozen sliced peppers and peas to speed up the cooking and add sweetness. This can be served with wholegrain egg fried rice, Chinese Fried Rice, wholegrain noodles or for a low carb option you could serve it with spiralized vegetable noodles or Cauliflower Egg Fried ‘Rice’.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Vegetable Noodles with Garlic Ginger Turkey
- Clean Eating Lemon & Chilli Turkey
- Clean Eating Quinoa Turkey Stir Fry
Clean Eating Chinese Turkey Pepper Stir Fry
- Yield: 4 Servings
This stir fry is really quick and easy to make. I used frozen sliced peppers and peas to speed up the cooking and add sweetness.
- 1 tsp Oil of choice I used coconut oil
- 500 grams Turkey Breast Steaks thinly sliced
- 125 grams Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion sliced
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced/finely grated
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 Spice
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Powder
- 100 grams Frozen Petit Pois
- 50 grams Frozen Petite Pois
- 1 small bunch Fresh Coriander to serve
- Heat the oil in a non stick saucepan/wok and add the sliced turkey, mushrooms and onions.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until the turkey is completely cooked and no longer pink.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic, 5 spice, ginger and chilli and stir to combine.
- Add the frozen peppers and peas and cook for a further 3-5 minutes until the peppers and peas are cooked.
- Top with fresh coriander and serve with wholegrain noodles or rice.