**Recipe Update! First posted in Feb 2014, I decided to give those sad Guacamole photos a quick makeover this week whilst I made some for a new recipe! This recipe was published 5 years ago, and I have to say, I think these updates have allowed it to get better with age ;)**
We all love Mexican thanks to good old ‘Old El Paso’ but unfortunately these convenient mixes and jars are no good for a Clean Eater – as tasty as they may be.
Luckily for us, the Mexican flavour is really easy to replicate using fresh and dried spices. Mexican side dishes and dips are even easier to make too. I love avocados and I love guacamole. You can whip this up in no time at all before serving it at your Mexican feast, or just use it as a dip to go alongside some organic corn chips.
I have tweaked the recipe to suit different tastes. If you don’t like the taste of raw red onion, use some milder spring onion instead. If like me you have good days and bad days with fresh coriander, just leave it out. It will still taste delicious.
What is your all time favourite cuisine?
Click Here and follow The Kitchen Shed on Instagram for daily healthy meal inspiration, recipe updates, giveaways and more!
Clean Eating Guacamole
- Yield: 4 Servings
Make this fresh, delicious Guacamole in just minutes to impress at a Mexican feast.
- 2 medium sized Ripe Avocados
- 1 large Tomato deseeded and diced
- 1 Tablespoons Red Onion finely diced
- 1 Tablespoons Lemon Juice or lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Coriander finely chopped
- 1 pinch Sea Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Flakes optional
- Cut the avocados in half and scoop the flesh out into a bowl.
- Roughly mash it up with a fork.
- Add all other ingredients and give it a good mix.
- Have a taste and adjust seasoning if needed, adding more lemon juice or salt if desired.
- Serve or store (tightly covered) in the fridge.