I love being able to pop over to my mums house in the middle of the day, child free! For most of my married life my parents lived an hour away from us but 3 years ago they moved closer to us and now that both of my boys are in school, it has been fun to be able to do things together, just my mum and I.
I never usually plan on having lunch at my mums house, but I often just find myself there one lunchtime…. (how convenient!). She always has plenty of yummy treats stashed away but when I am trying to be mindful of the food that I’m eating, there is always something healthy I can choose.
This week I raided the fridge and found some eggs, a tomato and spring onion so I put them all together and had the most delicious scrambled eggs! You don’t need to spend lots of money to eat well, simple food is always the best!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Rosemary & Sea Salt Scrambled Eggs
- Clean Eating Spicy Scrambled Eggs
- Clean Eating Pesto Scrambled Eggs
Clean Eating Tomato & Spring Onion Scrambled Eggs
- Yield: 1 Servings
You don't need to spend lots of money to eat well, simple food is always the best!
- Place the oil into a non stick frying pan and heat over a medium heat.
- Whisk together the eggs with a pinch of black pepper, add to the saucepan and cook for a couple of minutes until just scrambled.
- Add the diced tomato and spring onion to the frying pan with the eggs and cook for a further minute.
- Serve over wholegrain toast and top with extra black pepper and fresh basil if desired.