When the sun is shining and the kids are at home there is nothing I like more than a super speedy dinnertime meal.
I love being in the kitchen and spend a lot of my time in there but never to cook long, over complicated recipes. I don’t even cook roast dinners because they take too long (I go to my mums for that!). I like my meals to be simple and fuss free but healthy and flavourful enough for the whole family to enjoy.
Stir frys are great for quick and easy healthy dinners. Perfect for using up the last of the veggies in your fridge and can be served with wholegrain rice or wholegrain noodles. We sometimes have both noodles and egg fried rice like a takeaway (but better and cheaper).
These noodles are sooooo good. Husband and child approved they are quick and easy to make and pretty inexpensive too with the use of chicken thigh fillets. You can add any veggies you like, I just had these on hand but mushrooms and courgettes also work great! Serve with steamed broccoli and other greens for a lighter meal or for a Friday Night Fakeaway how about making some Chinese Fried Rice to go with it too!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Quick Chinese Style Pork
- Clean Eating Garlic Ginger Turkey Veggie Noodles
- Clean Eating Egg Fried Cauliflower Rice
Clean Eating Turmeric Chilli Chicken Noodles
- Yield: 4 Servings
Serve with steamed broccoli and other greens or for a Friday Night Fakeaway how about making some Chinese Fried Rice to go with it too!
- 1 tsp Oil of choice I used olive oil
- 500 grams Chicken Thigh Fillets cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Powder or more
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 Carrot sliced into thin strips
- 1 Green pepper sliced into strips
- 4 Spring Onions sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced/finely grated
- 1 thumb size piece Ginger finely grated
- Place the oil into a non stick frying pan or wok and heat over a medium/high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for a few minutes.
- In another saucepan of boiling water, cook the noodles according the the packet instructions (mine took 4 minutes)
- Add the turmeric and chilli powder, salt and pepper to the chicken and continue to cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the sliced carrot and pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and add the spring onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Check that the chicken is completely cooked through then put the cooked noodles into the wok and toss to combine.
- Serve with fresh coriander or parsley and steamed green vegetables.