I like to think that there is someone else out there who loves turkey mince as much as I do. We never ever ate turkey mince growing up, in fact I had never heard of turkey mince until I was about 21 but now it is something I buy every week and I absolutely love it.
I love that it is so inexpensive, so versatile and such a great source of lean protein. If you have tried cooking turkey mince before and been put off there is a chance you may have been caught out in breaking the Turkey Mince Rule.
This is a rule that I live and swear by. Turkey Mince Rule – When I buy turkey thigh mince, I always buy the longest use by date possible and then use it within 2 days of buying it. Preferably on the 1st day. I don’t know why, but turkey thigh mince seems to turn really quickly, in my experience it is often off before it’s use by date or sometimes within about 3 days of sitting in the fridge. So try it again and keep the Turkey Mince Rule!
This is a brilliant bulked out recipe, perfect for when you need your meal to stretch a little further. It is sweet and spicy and filled with exciting textures. I made some of my wholewheat tortilla wraps to serve ours with but it would always be really yummy with some wholegrain rice, salad and homemade guacamole.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
You may also like:
Clean Eating Turkey, Corn & Black Bean Tacos
- Yield: 4+ Servings
This is a brilliant bulked out recipe, perfect for when you need your meal to stretch a little further. It is sweet and spicy and filled with exciting textures.
- 1 tsp Oil of choice I used Avocado Oil
- 450 grams Turkey Mince
- 1 Red Onion finely diced
- 1/2 Green Chilli deseeded and finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt season to taste
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 large Garlic Clove minced/finely grated
- 100 grams Corn I used frozen
- 1 tin/carton Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 100 ml Water
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Coriander to serve
- Place the oil, turkey mince, onion and chilli into a saucepan and cook until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Add all of the spices and the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add the water, corn and beans and bring to a bubble.
- Once bubbling, reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Simmer with the lid on for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- After 10 minutes, remove from the heat and serve with fresh coriander.