Mexican food goes down a storm in our house. My boys love it and so does my husband. It’s packed full of flavour and exciting textures and it doesn’t need to come from a packet mix or a jar. I have been perfecting my homemade taco seasoning for a while now and this is the one I have loved the most. It’s not too spicy so my little ones can enjoy it but feel free to add more chilli powder if you like it hotter.
Clean Eating Mexican Turkey Tacos are so easy to make and they taste SO GOOD! Just make sure you have the spices on hand and you can make this meal just as quickly as using a shop bought taco seasoning but without the added nasties.
I occasionally buy shop bought taco shells (as pictured) but mostly would serve the taco meat with salad on a baked potato, in a clean tortilla wrap or on top of wholegrain rice topped with organic soured cream, full fat natural yoghurt, full fat organic cheese or avocado.
You can check out more delicious turkey recipes from our fabulous sponsors, British Turkey.
You may also like:
Clean Eating Mexican Turkey Tacos
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Ready In:
I occasionally buy shop bought taco shells (as pictured) but mostly would serve the taco meat on a baked potato with salad, in a clean tortilla wrap or on top of wholegrain rice.
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice I use avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 500 grams Turkey Mince
- 1 large Garlic Clove
- 4 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder (or more if you like the heat)
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 100 ml Water
- Place the oil into a saucepan and add the diced onion. Cook over a medium/low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the turkey mince and turn up the heat a little, cook until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Drain any fat/liquid from the meat if desired.
- Stir in the minced garlic and all of the spices.
- Add the water and turn the heat to high until the water begins to bubble.
- Place the lid on the saucepan and turn the heat to low.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the liquid has gone. You can remove the lid after 10 minutes to evaporate any excess liquid.
- Serve and enjoy.