I love my slow cooker in the summer months just as much as I do in the winter months because lets face it, no matter what season we are in I always love my dinner being cooked for me.
The Clean Eating Cajun Prawns went down a storm in my house so I wanted to try the spice mix out on some chicken. Cooking chicken in the slow cooker is easy and fuss free so I chose to cook it this way but you could also try it in the oven, covered for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken is delicious. It tastes great served over wholegrain rice with some steamed green vegetables. It isn’t too spicy so both of my boys were able to enjoy it but feel free to add extra chilli powder or some cayenne pepper to give it a bit more of a kick.
You may also like:
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken
- Yield: 4 Servings
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken is delicious. It tastes great served over wholegrain rice with some steamed green vegetables. It isn't too spicy but feel free to add extra chilli powder or some cayenne pepper to give it a bit more of a kick.
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Fennel Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder/Granuals
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder/Granuals
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 100 ml Water
- Measure out all of your spices and mix together in a bowl.
- Coat each chicken breast with equal amounts of the spice mix.
- Place the chicken into a slow cooker and add 100ml of water to the bottom of the pan.
- Place the lid on and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Once cooked, shred up the chicken before adding back to the pan of juices. Serve with wholegrain rice and steamed green vegetables.