Prawns may just be our new favourite thing. I can’t get over how quick they are to make. My husband is a very recent prawn convert, ever since he tried my Clean Eating Coriander Lime Pesto Prawns, so I thought I would quickly try another recipe and see if he was still a fan. He was!
These Clean Eating Cajun Prawns are so tasty, definite man pleasing food. They are sweet and spicy and packed with plenty of flavour. We had planned to eat them with some quinoa but we ended up serving them with some wholegrain spelt spaghetti and salad. (It was quicker and we were hungry!). You could eat them with any whole grain though and they would taste fantastic!
Clean Eating Cajun Prawns
- Yield: 2 Servings
These Clean Eating Cajun Prawns are so tasty, definite man pleasing food. They are sweet and spicy and packed with plenty of flavour.
- 150 grams Raw King Prawns cleaned and de-veined
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder/Granuals
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder/Granuals
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Place your cleaned prawns into a bowl and set aside.
- Add all of the spices, salt and pepper into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Scatter the spice mix over the raw prawns and stir to coat everything.
- Cover the bowl of prawns and place in the fridge for 10 minutes. (You can prepare your rice/quinoa/spaghetti whilst they marinade).
- When you are ready to cook your prawns, heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a non stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the prawns to the saucepan and cook for around 4 minutes, turning half way through.
- Once cooked through, serve with you desired wholegrain, being sure to scrape every last bit of pan juice onto your plate!