This makes a lovely alternative breakfast or quick high protein snack, great to refuel after a workout. I used my favourite pesto that I had previously frozen in an ice cube tray which made it even easier to put together.
You may also like:
Clean Eating Pesto Eggs & Beans
- Yield: 2 Servings
This makes a lovely alternative breakfast or quick high protein snack, great to refuel after a workout.
- 1/4 teaspoon Oil of choice
- 2 Eggs
- 300 grams Cannellini Beans from a can or carton
- 2 Tablespoons Clean Pesto see link above
- Empty the beans into a saucepan and cover with a little water. Heat gently for 4-5 minutes until heated through.
- Whilst the beans are cooking away, heat the oil in a non stick pan and add the eggs. Stir and scramble until cooked.
- Once the beans are cooked, drain them and then add them to the cooked eggs and stir through the pesto.
- Enjoy as a snack or serve over a slice of toasted wholegrain rye bread.