Before I started this little blog I spent many years making my way through the recipes featured on The Gracious Pantry. The Gracious Pantry is probably the most successful clean eating blog around and its creator and cookbook author Tiffany McCauly is a culinary genius in my opinion.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
The Gracious Pantry is where I finally found clean eating recipes that my whole family would enjoy, with ingredients that I would usually buy and even if I couldn’t get hold of a specific ingredient there was always something I could use as a substitute.
One of my favourite recipes (and I have a lot) was Tiffany’s Clean Eating Coconut Pineapple Muffins. Coconut and pineapple in a muffin?! Who wouldn’t love that? I had to substitute the flour in the recipe for plain wholemeal flour and although they looked nothing like Tiffany’s beautiful picture we all loved them!
So here is my Pineapple Coconut Muffin recipe, completely inspired by Tiffany’s recipe which you can find here. These muffins are moist and fudgey, sweet, sticky and creamy. My boys are so in love with them, I had to promise them that I would make more.
Clean Eating Pineapple Coconut Muffins
- Yield: 6 Mufffins
These muffins are moist and fudgey, sweet, sticky and creamy.
- 100 grams Self Raising Wholemeal Flour
- 6 Tablespoons Dried Coconut no sugar added
- 100 grams Fresh Pineapple finely diced
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil melted
- 100 ml Coconut Milk
- Pre heat the oven to 180*C and line a muffin tray with 6 muffin cases.
- Place the flour into a mixing bowl and melt the coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and then add the honey, coconut milk and coconut oil and whisk again.
- Place the egg mixture and pineapple pieces into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and place into the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Carefully remove from the muffin pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, serve and enjoy or store in an airtight container.