For your free Clean Eating Meal Planner Template subscribe to our newsletter today.
Homemade nakd bars are one of my most favourite things. They are quick and easy to make and use only 4 ingredients. They are also vegan, gluten free and paleo friendly so (unless you are allergic to nuts) they are a great go to snack for everyone.
Dates and pecans have been my snack of choice this week so I decided that I would turn them into a delicious bar for the whole family to enjoy (my little one can’t quite handle chewing up a nut but these bars are perfect for him to enjoy. He has sneaked two out of the fridge already!).
If you have tried making your own bars before without any luck (usually because they haven’t stuck together), then test out the mixture before you set it. You want the mixture to stick together when it is pressed between your thumb and finger. If it doesn’t then just add an extra date until it does.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating No Bake Mango Bars
- Clean Eating No Bake Cranberry Pistachio Bars
- Clean Eating Pina Colada Bars
Clean Eating No Bake Pecan Pie Bars
You want the mixture to stick together when it is pressed between your thumb and finger. If it doesn't then just add an extra date until it does.
- 60 grams Pecans
- 60 grams Unsalted Cashew Nuts
- 8-10 Medjool Dates stones removed (I used 10)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Place the nuts into a food processor and blitz until mostly broken up.
- Place 8 - 10 medjool dates into the food proccessor and blitz until the mixture is well combined and it holds together when pressed between your finger and thumb.
- Pour the mixture out into a lunch box or square container and push down firmly with the back of a spoon until it is around 1.5 cm thick.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or over night until firm enough to cut.
- Once chilled, cut the mixture into bars and wrap each bar up individually with some food wrap and refrigerate again until needed.
- These are great in lunch boxes, as dessert or as a snack to help curb a sugar craving.