This soup is great by itself or can be accompanied with a slice of wholegrain bread. I like to toast some Biona rye bread and top it with mashed avocado or stuff it with some soft organic cheese and fresh herbs. Either way you are looking a one beautiful bowl of food which will warm the cockles of your heart. Whatever that means 😉
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Winter Vegetable & Bean Soup
- Clean Eating Chicken Noodle Soup
- Clean Eating Courgette and Sweetcorn Soup
Clean Eating Sweet & Spicy Butternut Lentil Soup
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
This soup is great by itself or can be accompanied with a slice of wholegrain bread. I like to toast some Biona rye bread and top it with mashed avocado or stuff it with some soft organic cheese and fresh herbs.
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice I used Olive Oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Celery Stalk thinly sliced
- 200 grams Carrots thinly sliced
- 600 grams Butternut Squash peeled and diced
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 litre Stock I used homemade chicken stock - see link above
- 400g tin Lentils drained and rinsed
- Place the oil and the vegetables into a saucepan and cook over a medium heat for a few minutes until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the garlic and the spices and stir.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, reduce the heat to a good simmer and cook for 10 minutes or so until the carrots are just tender.
- Add the lentils and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, turn off the heat and allow the soup to cool slightly before blitzing with a hand blender and serving.
- Serve with a dollop of natural organic full fat yoghurt.