I really love this recipe for salmon using my quick homemade cajun seasoning because it is packed with flavour and can be on the table in less than 20 minutes. My boys love salmon but I’m not usually very adventurous when I cook it (I just simply season it and top with lemon slices). This cajun salmon made a really nice change and everyone enjoyed it.
I really love making my own homemade seasonings. It works out a lot cheaper to make your own and it is also a lot of fun to experiment with different spices. Since I started this blog I have enjoyed making my own seasonings for tacos, fajitas, jerk chicken and curries. And the cajun prawns I made when I first started the blog are still requested in our house.
What to serve with Cajun Salmon
I really like to serve this cajun salmon with basmati rice and steamed green vegetables like broccoli, kale and asparagus. You could also serve it with roasted vegetables, quinoa, baked sweet potatoes, buttered new potatoes or spaghetti.
Ingredients for Cajun Salmon
You most likely have all of the ingredients to season this cajun salmon in your cupboards already. If not you can purchase all of the spices very cheaply at most supermarkets. However if you wanted to make a few swaps to the ingredients you can. The garlic granuals can be swapped for fresh minced garlic and the dried herbs can be swapped for fresh. Dried herbs are stronger in flavour than fresh herbs so if you do swap them then be sure to use more fresh herbs than stated in the original recipe.
- 4 Bonless Salmon Fillets
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Granules
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Thyme
- Chilli Powder
Click Here and follow The Kitchen Shed on Instagram for daily healthy meal inspiration, recipe updates, giveaways and more!
Clean Eating Cajun Salmon (Aldi)
- Yield: 4 Servings
Simple cajun salmon baked in the oven in less than 20 minutes.
- 4 Fresh Salmon Fillets
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Granules
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180*C and lightly oil a lidded baking dish or prepare some baking paper parcels to bake your salmon in.
- Drizzle the oil over all four salmon fillets and rub over the top of each one.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into a shallow bowl of plate and mix together well.
- Coat the top of each salmon fillet evenly with the spice mixture (I did this by dipping each fillet into the mixture) and place in your baking tray or in paper parcels on a baking tray ready for the oven.
- Place the salmon (either covered in a dish or in the parcels) into the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes until done. (I cooked mine for 15 minutes in a shallow lidded cast iron pan.
- Once cooked remove from the pan and serve with rice, potatoes, or pasta with salad or veggies.