Someone once told me I was an oxymoron after noticing that my Pinterest account was filled with both clean eating recipes and cookie and cup cake recipes. What she said got stuck in my head and I wondered if maybe it was a bad thing to like both cookies and kale?! Over the last few years I have come to accept and LOVE that I have so many opposing likes in my personality because it makes life interesting and it means I get to enjoy EVERY part of me and the things I love.
I love creating, cooking, eating and sharing healthy, wholesome meals.
I also love not having to cook, getting a take away, eating whatever I want to at a restaurant and eating cake…. I love cake.
I love bargain shopping, trawling through charity shops, buying second hand furniture and shopping at low cost supermarkets.
I also love branded sports wear (Zumba Wear mostly), Le Creuset saucepans, posh face creams and good quality organic grass fed meat and dairy. I like it all kids! All of it!!
So I thought I would hone in on a few of my ‘oxymoron’ personality traits and use them to build content here on the blog, starting with a series of clean eating healthy recipes which only use ingredients from Aldi UK. I like shopping at most supermarkets but Aldi has become a supermarket that I have used more often these days because I love eating healthy on a budget. This recipe for Clean Eating Cajun Salmon is flavour packed and baked in the oven, ready in less than 20 minutes. It is the first recipe and shopping list in this series which will hopefully inspire you to create simple, healthy meals for your family no matter what your budget is. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 Bonless Salmon Fillets (x2) – 2.99 each
- Olive oil – £2.89
- Sea Salt – £0.89
- Garlic Granules – £0.49
- Dried Oregano – £0.49
- Dried Thyme – £0.49
- Chilli Powder – £0.49
- Paprika – £0.49
Prices correct on 14/03/19
Click Here and follow The Kitchen Shed on Instagram for daily healthy meal inspiration, recipe updates, giveaways and more!
Clean Eating Cajun Salmon (Aldi)
- Yield: 4 Servings
Simple cajun salmon baked in the oven in less than 20 minutes.
- 4 Fresh Salmon Fillets
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Granules
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180*C and lightly oil a lidded baking dish or prepare some baking paper parcels to bake your salmon in.
- Drizzle the oil over all four salmon fillets and rub over the top of each one.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into a shallow bowl of plate and mix together well.
- Coat the top of each salmon fillet evenly with the spice mixture (I did this by dipping each fillet into the mixture) and place in your baking tray or in paper parcels on a baking tray ready for the oven.
- Place the salmon (either covered in a dish or in the parcels) into the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes until done. (I cooked mine for 15 minutes in a shallow lidded cast iron pan.
- Once cooked remove from the pan and serve with rice, potatoes, or pasta with salad or veggies.