Fajita meatballs…. an idea almost as strange as chilli con carne pasta bake. Two recipes that probably shouldn’t work but really do!
These meatballs are fun and easy to make. You get all the flavour of fajitas with minimal effort, just mix all of the ingredients together, roll into balls and leave them to cook in the oven whilst you get the rest of the meal sorted (wraps/pittas, salad, and homemade guacamole!) and serve with some sweet potato wedges.
These meatballs are also really nice on their own and would work well at a party or buffet on a cocktail stick or even better, served in little lettuce cups with a dollop of soured cream and salsa! You’re welcome!
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Turkey Pesto Feta Meatballs
- Clean Eating Turkey Cranberry Meatballs
- Clean Eating Turkey Lettuce Meatballs
Click Here and follow The Kitchen Shed on Instagram for daily healthy meal inspiration, recipe updates, giveaways and more!
Clean Eating Turkey Fajita Meatballs
- Yield: 25 Meatballs (4 Servings)
Fajita meatballs.... an idea almost as strange as chilli con carne pasta bake. Two recipes that probably shouldn't work …
- 500 grams Turkey Thigh Mince
- 1 small Red Onion finely diced
- 1 Garlic Clove minced/finely grated
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt I used Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180*C and set aside a large baking dish/tray.
- Place all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix together well with your hands.
- Take out 1 Tablespoon of mixture and roll into a ball then place it on your large baking dish/tray.
- Continue until you have used up all of the mixture, you should get about 25 meatballs all together.
- Place the meatballs into the oven and cook for 20 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve with wholemeal wraps, salad and homemade guacamole.