Baked Cod with Rosemary
This is a really lovely light meal and it is so versatile! Just some simple cook from frozen cod baked in the oven with some fresh vegetables and herbs. I love cooked tomatoes and my boys LOVE cooked olives but courgettes and peppers would also work really well. If you wanted to make it extra fancy, you could add some minced garlic to the dish or just simply cook it with the rosemary, salt and sliced lemon wedges.
What to serve with Baked Cod
I really love to serve this baked cod with buttered new potatoes and salad. It also works really well with some crushed Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables. You could also try serving it with some Wholegrain Spaghetti or Quinoa, stirring through the baked cod pan juices to add extra flavour.
Utilise Your Freezer
If you know me, you know I like a little bit of convenience when it comes to cooking. And if that convenience happens to be something I consider healthy then win win! I like to keep my freezer stocked with cook from frozen fish as it is an absolute life saver on evenings when I have nothing fresh to cook. Usually this is because I haven’t been shopping, sometimes it’s because what I had planned from the freezer didn’t defrost in time, or the meal I had planned was no longer an option.
Ingredients for Baked Cod with Rosemary:
You probably have most of the ingredients for this baked cod recipe already. However, if you didn’t you could make a few substitutions. Olive oil could be used in place of butter, dried herbs could be used instead of fresh and you can swap olives and tomatoes for any of your favourite vegetables like courgette and peppers for example.
- 4 Frozen Cod Fillets
- Unsalted Butter
- Fresh Rosemary
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Kalamata Greek Olives
- 225grams Sunstream Vine Tomatoes
- 1 Bunch Fresh Parsley
Click Here and follow The Kitchen Shed on Instagram for daily healthy meal inspiration, recipe updates, giveaways and more!
Clean Eating Baked Rosemary Cod - Aldi
- Yield: 4 Servings
This is a really lovely light meal and it is so versatile! I love cooked tomatoes and my boys LOVE olives but courgettes and peppers would also be nice. You could add some minced garlic to the dish or just simply cook it with the rosemary, salt and sliced lemon wedges.
- 4 Frozen Cod Fillets
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1-2 tsp Fresh Rosemary finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Kalamata Olives
- 225 grams Vine Tomatoes
- 1 handful Fresh Parsley to serve
- Preheat a fan assisted oven to 180*C.
- Place the cod fillets into a lidded baking dish (or any high rimmed oven dish you can cover with foil).
- Pinch off little knobs of butter and place them over each cod fillet. Sprinkle over the fresh rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Place the olives around the cod along with the vine tomatoes and place into the oven with the lid on (or covered with foil) and bake for 20-25 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Once cooked, top with some fresh parsley and serve.