Roasting vegetables and adding them to wholegrain spaghetti is a quick and easy way to boost the nutrient content of your meal plus it will also help to make your meal go further. Bonus!
This recipe includes two different ways to roast your vegetables, one in the oven and the other in the ActiFry.
Whether you roast your vegetables in the oven or use an ActiFry, this recipe is delicious and versatile, easily adapted to suit your own families tastes.
If eating more vegetables was on your list of goals for this new year then this is the recipe to try! When you make it, be sure to take a picture and tag me in it on social media or leave me a comment below!
Quick Roasted Vegetable Wholegrain Spaghetti
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
Whether you roast your vegetables in the oven or use an ActiFry to make Easy Roasted Vegetables with fuss free cooking, this recipe is delicious and versatile, easily adapted to suit your own families tastes.
- 1 Courgette diced
- 1 Yellow Pepper diced
- 1 Red Onion diced
- 350 grams Cherry Tomatoes whole
- 200 grams Button Mushrooms whole
- 100 grams Green Olives
- 50 grams Kalamata Olives
- 1 Tablespoon Oil of choice I used olive oil
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder or 1 garlic clove minced in at the end of cooking
- 1 pinch Fine Sea Salt
- 300 grams Wholegrain Spaghetti
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil to serve
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt to serve
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Flakes to serve (Optional)
- 1 bunch Fresh Parsley to serve (Optional)
- 50 grams Feta Cheese to serve, crumbled (optional)
- If using the oven, preheat to 180*C (fan assisted).
- Place all of the vegetables into a large mixing bowl and drizzle over 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Sprinkle over the basil, oregano, garlic powder and a pinch of salt and stir to coat.
- OVEN INSTRUCTIONS: If using an oven, pour the vegetables onto a baking tray and place into the oven for 35-40 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes or so.
- ACTIFRY INSTRUCTIONS: If using an ActiFry, pour the vegetables into the ActiFry and cook for 25 minutes.
- Whilst the vegetables are cooking, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook your wholegrain spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Once everything is cooked, drain the spaghetti and pour it over the vegetables with 1 tablespoon of oil, fine sea salt and chilli flakes if using.
- Toss to combine. Serve with fresh chopped parsley and crumbled feta if desired.