I’m not gonna lie, we eat a variation of spaghetti bolognese at least twice a week. Sometimes it will be turkey, sometimes organic beef or pork. Sometimes we eat it with wholewheat spaghetti or whole spelt spaghetti, other days it’s brown rice spaghetti or courgetti. It’s always different, but no matter what goes into it, it is always the quickest, easiest, child pleasing meal I know!
We are about to go off to spend a few days at the beach so I made up a batch of this tonight ready to put in the freezer for when we get home and are in need of some good and healthy home cooking.
This is my all time favourite bolognese!
You can check out more delicious turkey recipes from our fabulous sponsors, British Turkey.
You may also like:
Clean Eating Turkey Lentil Bolognese
- Yield: 6 Servings
My all time favourite meal bolognese!
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice I used Olive Oil
- 500 grams Turkey Mince I used thigh mince
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 medium sized Courgette diced
- 200g Mushrooms cleaned and diced
- 1 handful Kale finely sliced
- 3 good size Garlic Cloves minced/finely grated
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Puree
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder/Granuals
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder/Granuals
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1 tin/carton Chopped Tomatos 390 - 400g
- 200 ml Water
- 1 tin/carton Cooked Lentils 380 - 400g drained and rinsed
- Place the oil, turkey mince and onion into a large saucepan and cook over a medium/high heat until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Add the courgette, mushrooms and kale and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, tomato puree, herbs, spices and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and water and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat down slightly and let it bubble away for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the drained and rinsed lentils and turn the heat to low. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Once the lentils are heated through, serve with your choice of spaghetti and a side salad.