As a child, I would eat grapefruit once a year on Christmas day with my dad. It was our special tradition, probably passed on from his childhood. He would cut the grapefruit in half, cut along each segment and then cover it in white sugar. It would look like a snowball and it tasted soooo good!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click her to sign up!
I do my best to avoid white sugar now but it did occur to me the other day that maybe I would be able to recreate this breakfast and keep it clean.
A surprising combination of cinnamon and honey absolutely blew my socks off. This is really good! I may have taken away the sprinkle of snowy white sugar but I think I have managed to take this breakfast to a whole new place of deliciousness. Sweet and spicy, earthy and tangy it is a party for your taste buds!
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Citrus Chicken Quinoa
- Clean Eating Blueberry Cinnamon Porridge
- Clean Eating Cinnamon French Toast
Clean Eating Breakfast Grapefruit
- Yield: 1-2 Servings
Sweet and spicy, earthy and tangy it is a party for your taste buds!
- Cut the grapefruit in half and using a sharp knife cut along each segment and then around the sides of the grapefruit. (To make it easier to remove each piece with a spoon).
- Take the cinnamon and sprinkle it over each half of the grapefruit.
- Drizzle with honey and enjoy.