I love eating bite size food, it’s just fun and because it is so small you can eat more of it and feel like you are indulging a little. And lets face it, we all like to indulge every once in a while.
I was hoping to be able to call these cherry bakewell bites but sadly they taste nothing like a cherry bakewell. Never mind, they are still yummy. And how cute do they look in the little sweetie jar? It definitely makes them feel like more of a special treat. My boys definitely buy into that kind of thing… and I do too!
You could turn these Clean Eating Cherry Almond Bites into bars if you wanted to, or you could turn any of my Homemade Nakd Bars into bites! They are so handy to have in the fridge as a little ‘pick me up’ or sweet treat to get you over a craving for cookies or cake.
Clean Eating Cherry Almond Bites
- Yield: 12
You could turn these Clean Eating Cherry Almond Bites into bars if you wanted to, or you could turn any of my Clean Eating Bars into bites! They are fun to have in the fridge as a little 'pick me up' or sweet treat to get you over a craving for cookies or cake.
- 100 grams Unsalted Almonds
- 90 grams Unsweetened Dried Cherries
- 3 (or more depending on how sticky they are) Medjool Dates stones removed
- Place the almonds into a food processor and blitz until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Remove the almonds from the food processor and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the cherries and medjool dates to the food processor and blitz until mostly broken up.
- Add the almonds back into the food processor and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Once everything is combined, take out 1 Tablespoon of mixture and squeeze it together tightly in your hand, then roll it to form a ball.
- Continue to do this with the remaining mixture, it should make approximately 12 balls.
- Once you have finished, store the balls in the fridge and enjoy.