Turkey mince makes this meal a lot lighter and healthier. If you have never tried turkey mince before, or have previously not been a fan of it, try it out in this recipe. When I first swapped my beef mince for turkey mince, chilli was my favourite meal to eat with it. The strong flavours of the chilli still took over and with the addition of a few of my favourite vegetables, this is now one of our favourite family meals.
Clean Eating Turkey Chilli is a great mid week meal. It is packed with delicious vegetables and is mild enough for all the family to enjoy. This recipe makes about 6 servings, and would feed my family of 2 Adults and 2 Children twice.
You can check out more delicious turkey recipes from our fabulous sponsors, British Turkey.
You may also like
Clean Eating Turkey Chilli
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Ready In:
Clean Eating Turkey Chilli is a great mid week meal for the family. It is packed with delicious vegetables and is mild enough for all the family to enjoy.
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice I use avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 500 grams Turkey Mince
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 small/medium Courgette diced
- 4 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder (add more if you prefer more heat)
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2x390 grams Chopped Tomatos 2 cartons
- 400g tin Kidney Beans 1 tin
- 100 grams Frozen Sweetcorn
- Place the oil and the onion into a saucepan and soften over a low heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the turkey mince and cook over a medium heat, whilst breaking the meat up a bit, until the turkey is completely cooked and no longer pink. (Around 5 minutes or so).
- Once the turkey is cooked add the garlic, courgette and all of the spices and seasoning's and stir to combine.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling reduce the heat to medium/low and let the chilli simmer gently for 20 minutes. Stir occasionaly
- After 20 minutes, add the kidney beans and sweetcorn and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes until the beans and sweetcorn are completely heated through.
- Serve with wholegrain rice or a baked potato and a side salad.