I love creating healthier versions of every day family favourite meals, that is what this blog is all about. My boys love this pasta bake and I love a meal that I can throw together and bake in the oven. It gives me just enough time to clean up the kitchen and serve dinner in peace rather than the chaos I often create whilst cooking 🙂
Clean Eating Turkey Brown Rice Pasta Bake is gluten free, nutritious and delicious and a hit with all the family. Lets face it, who doesn’t like a pasta bake?
Budget Friendly Tip: You can make this meal stretch further by using up to double the amount of pasta and cheese. It will taste just as delicious but feed twice the amount of people.
You can check out more delicious turkey recipes from our fabulous sponsors, British Turkey.
You may also like:
Clean Eating Turkey Brown Rice Pasta Bake
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
Clean Eating Turkey Brown Rice Pasta Bake is gluten free, nutritious and delicious. The kids and husband all approved so you cant get much better than that!
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice I use avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 small Carrot gated
- 500 grams Turkey Mince
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced/finely grated
- 3 Tablespoon Fresh Basil chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dried Italian Seasoning or dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder/Granuals
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder/Granuals
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 2x390 gram Chopped Tomatos 2 cartons
- 300 grams Brown Rice Penne Pasta or wholewheat penne pasta
- 8 Tablespoons Organic Mature Cheddar Cheese grated
- Place the oil into a saucepan with the diced onion and grated carrot and cook on low for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the turkey mince and cook on a medium/high heat until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Add the minced garlic, fresh basil and the rest of the herbs/seasoning's and stir to combine.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, turn the heat to low and allow to simmer for 20 - 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Whilst the turkey is cooking, preheat the oven to 180°C and boil a kettle of water ready for the pasta.
- In the last 8 minutes of cooking time, cook the brown rice pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until it is just cooked.
- Drain the pasta and stir it into the turkey mixture.
- Pour the mixture out into an oven proof dish and top with the grated cheese.
- Place the dish into the oven for 10 - 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the top is starting to crisp slightly.
- Serve with a side salad or some roasted vegetables.