This poor little love is not very photogenic but I promise it tastes great. This recipe is inspired by Nigella Lawson’s Sunshine Soup – an absolute favourite in our house. I’ve made the process a bit quicker and added extra veggies for a more nutritious boost.
This Clean Eating Courgette and Sweetcorn Soup is not a smooth soup (as the sweetcorn husks don’t completely blend) but thanks to Nigella there is a cool little trick to make that fact work for this bowl of sunshine.
Before blending, take out a ladle of the sweetcorn and set aside whilst you blend the rest of the soup. Then once blended add the sweetcorn back into the soup and stir. It adds a much more exciting texture and an extra sweetness when you bite into the little sweetcorn niblets!
Who is your favourite Celebrity Chef?
Clean Eating Courgette and Sweetcorn Soup
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
This Clean Eating Courgette and Sweetcorn Soup is not a smooth soup, but it does have an exciting texture and extra sweetness from whole sweetcorn niblets.
- 1/2 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Yellow Pepper diced
- 1 Courgette diced
- 300 grams Frozen Sweetcorn
- 1 liter Water boiled
- 4 teaspoons Bouillon Stock Powder reduced salt, organic if possible
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Place the oil in a saucepan and add the diced vegetables. - Boil the kettle.
- Cook on a low heat for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure the vegetables don't catch on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour 1 liter of boiling water into the pan and add the bouillon stock powder, garlic powder and sweetcorn.
- Bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, turn the heat down and simmer gently for about 15 minute until the vegetables are soft.
- Once cooked, take out a ladle of sweetcorn and set aside in a bowl.
- Blitz the rest of the soup with a hand blender or in a soup blender.
- Add back the ladle of sweetcorn and give it a stir.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste if desired and serve with wholemeal pitta breads.