I love banana bread but bananas actually trigger migraines for me which is a bit pants. I do still eat banana bread though, and cross my fingers in hopes that I get away with it! But after creating this recipe, I think I have found a winning safe alternative.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
This bread is delicious and actually makes a really nice change to banana bread. I is really versitile too and can be enjoyed hot or cold.
My boys like it just as it is but I like it best toasted and topped with cashew nut butter and raspberry jam. A brilliant sweet treat to enjoy on a cosy afternoon with a cuppa or curled up on the sofa after dinner.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Banana Bread
- Clean Eating Sprouted Spelt Banana Courgette Bread
- Clean Eating Pumpkin Bread
Clean Eating Spiced Apple Bread
- Yield: 1 loaf
I like it best toasted and topped with cashew nut butter and raspberry jam.
- 250 grams Plain Wholemeal Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Mixed Spice
- 100 grams Butter Melted
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 200 grams Apple Puree
- 2 medium Apples cored and grated
- Preheat the oven to 160*C and lightly grease a loaf tin. Gently melt the butter.
- Whisk together the flour, spices and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, apple puree and melted butter. Stir in the grated apple.
- Pour the wet apple mixture into the flour mixture and gently fold together until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and place into the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once cooked, turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool before serving.