Brown bananas are now something I hope for (even plan for) at the end of every week. If we have brown bananas hanging around I know we will be having some kind of delicious treat, whether it be scrumptious banana bread muffins, banana nut breakfast cookies or my all time favourite buckwheat banana bread pancakes – whatever it is, its going to be good!
My boys absolutely LOVED this banana bread. We ate it for breakfast with some oranges, it was super delicious and made a nice change from regular banana bread. If you try it, don’t forget to leave me a comment below to let me know how it turned out!
You may also like:
Clean Eating Chocolate Banana Bread
- Yield: 1 loaf
My boys absolutely LOVED this banana bread. It was super delicious and made a lovely change from regular banana bread.
- 200 grams Self Raising Wholemeal Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup Or Honey
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil or Organic Unsalted Butter melted
- 2 Eggs whisked
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Over Ripe Bananas mashed
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease a loaf tin with coconut oil or organic butter. Melt the coconut oil.
- Whisk together the flour and cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Add the mashed bananas and mix to combine.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and fold in gently until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the banana bread mixture into your loaf tin and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until browned on top and cooked through.
- Once cooked, removed the bread from the loaf tin and allow to cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
- Wrap any leftovers in kitchen foil and keep in a cool dry place for 3-4 days.