Swapping bacon for ‘clean’ prosciutto makes this sandwich possible for us here in the UK. It is very, very difficult to get hold of nitrate and sugar free bacon. Generally if it doesn’t contain nitrates, it contains sugar and vice-versa.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click her to sign up!
I wouldn’t eat prosciutto everyday but if I am craving something a little bit naughty it always hits the spot. I used clean wholemeal bread for this recipe which I purchased from a local bakery. You could make your own bread using this recipe or have a look at the other clean options of bread available in the UK here.
Helpful Tip: I used organic butter and juicy tomatoes to keep this sandwich moist but if you wanted to go all out and add mayo to your sandwich then check out this recipe from Jamie Oliver.
You may also like:
Clean Eating BLT
I used organic butter and juicy tomatoes to keep this sandwich moist.
- Place a non stick pan onto the hob and heat over a medium high heat.
- Cook the prosciutto in the pan for around 30 seconds on each side until it starts to crisp.
- Meanwhile, spread your bread with some unsalted organic butter if desired and layer on your lettuce and tomato slices.
- Once the prosciutto is heated through, add it to your bread and complete your sandwich.
- Serve with the biggest grin ever! 😀