I lost 5lbs during the week of our 7 Day Salad Challenge and it felt great but I haven’t eaten a salad for lunch since the challenge ended. I’m not gonna lie, I was pretty excited to eat a sandwich again but my weight has now plateaued so I thought that it was time to get back on the salads again to loose a couple of extra pounds before I hibernate for the winter.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Butternut squash, goats cheese and beetroot are some of my favourite foods and they also happen to go so well together. I love finding those magic flavour combinations, they are a party for your taste buds and leave you feeling completely satisfied.
This salad is warm and comforting, perfect for these cooler autumn days. I used my Tefal ActiFry to cook the butternut squash which is really handy, but you could also roast the butternut squash in the oven. Feel free to add some cooked lentils, chickpeas or some cooked chicken for an extra protein hit. You could also try swapping the butternut squash for pumpkin and the goats cheese for feta. Whatever way you make it, it is bound to taste delicious.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Walnut Crusted Goats Cheese Salad
- Clean Eating Super Salad with Goats Cheese & Lentils
- Clean Eating Mexican Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad
Clean Eating Butternut Squash, Goats Cheese & Beetroot Salad
- Yield: 2 Servings
This salad is warm and comforting, perfect for these cooler autumn days.
- 1/2 Butternut Squash cubed
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice I used coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Thyme or any salad leaves
- 1 pinch Sea Salt cubed
- 4 handfuls Rocket Leaves or any salad leaves
- 250 grams Cooked Beetroot
- 100 grams Goats Cheese
- Place the butternut squash, oil, rosemary, thyme and salt into the actifry.
- Turn the actifry on and cook for 25 minutes.
- Once the butternut squash is done, plate up two salads, dividing the rocket, beetroot and goats cheese.
- Add the butternut squash and serve.