In my almost 3 years of blogging here at The Kitchen Shed, I don’t think I have ever made my kitchen smell as good as it did when I made this brown rice pudding. Fresh vanilla pods and warm milk?! Oh my!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Today is the last of my recipe posts for Graham’s, The Family Dairy and I thought we should go out with a bang. It’s not very often that I make dessert recipes (mainly because I am an awful baker) but this is simple, easy and possibly the most delicious thing you could eat this week (plus it requires no baking at all!).
It has been really fun to showcase a range of recipes using this fantastic Organic, Unhomogenised Whole Milk from Graham’s. I’ve mentioned already in the previous two posts that this really is the best choice of cows milk available, coming from cows that are fed an organic diet, the milk is free from chemical pesticides. That’s the best kind of milk. But what makes this milk even better is that as well as being whole milk, by not going through the homogenised process, it is closer to milks natural state, which I believe makes it better for everyone. You can purchase this milk from your local Waitrose.
This rice pudding is simple to make and doesn’t take too long. It would be even quicker if you had some leftover wholegrain rice to use up in the fridge! You could definitely make it with natural vanilla extract but I promise you it will be ten times better if you use the fresh vanilla pods. Best served warm and feel free to add extra milk to get it to the consistency that you like. Go on, give it a go!
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Lemon & Herb Rice
- Clean Eating Raspberry Jam Tarts
- Clean Eating Raspberry Vanilla Butterfly Cakes
This post was commissioned by Graham’s, The Family Dairy. All content including recipe, photos and opinions are my own.
Clean Eating Brown Rice Pudding
- Yield: 2 Servings
This rice pudding is simple to make and doesn't take too long. It would be even quicker if you had some leftover wholegrain rice to use up in the fridge!
- 100 grams Wholegrain/Brown Rice
- 250 ml Graham's Organic Whole Milk
- 1/4 Fresh Vanilla Pod
- 1-3 teaspoons Maple Syrup depending on how sweet you like it
- 1 Tablespoon Clean Jam to serve (I used St Dalfours)
- Place the rice into a saucepan with plenty of water and bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes (depending on how soft you like your rice).
- Once cooked, drain the rice and add it back to the saucepan with the milk, vanilla pod (seeds scraped out into the milk and empty pod also added in to the milk) and maple syrup.
- Bring back to the boil and then turn the heat down to low and simmer very gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and making sure the rice doesn't stick during the last 5 minutes.
- Serve the rice pudding and top with extra milk and jam.