Eeeek!!! I LOVE this recipe! If you don’t like brussels sprouts, you have GOT to try this! I learned about the brussels sprout and bacon combo before I got married and it won over my sprout hating sister! We had a rule in our house on Christmas Day, every one had to eat at least 1 brussel sprout with their Christmas dinner, it’s tradition after all. I never had a problem eating 1, or 10 though and with bacon? Well, just gimmie the lot.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Swapping the bacon for prosciutto is definitely a healthier option in my book. Nitrate free prosciutto will always trump bacon for me and the other benefit is that you use far less prosciutto than you would bacon. Cranberries are a new addition though and they just make the whole thing come alive. Sour, salty bitter and sweet, we’ve got it all going on here!
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Clean Eating Charred Winter Salad
- Clean Eating Turkey with Clementines & Cranberries
Clean Eating Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto & Cranberries
- Yield: 4 Servings
Cranberries make this dish come alive. Sour, salty bitter and sweet, we've got it all going on!
- 300 grams Brussels Sprouts peeled and trimmed
- 2 slices Prosciutto
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Cranberries
- 1 teaspoon Unsalted Butter organic if possible
- Prepare a steamer with water and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, add the brussels sprouts to the steamer and steam for 5 minutes until just tender.
- In a non stick frying pan, cook the prosciutto until crisp. Remove from the pan and cut up.
- Place the prosciutto back into the pan with the butter and cranberries and add the brussels sprouts.
- Cook for a couple of minutes over a medium heat and toss to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!