As the days are getting colder and the evenings are getting darker there is nothing more comforting to me than knowing that dinner is ready to serve straight from my slow cooker.
Mexican chicken is always a winner in our house, it is so versatile you can serve it with wholegrain rice, sweet potatoes, wholegrain wraps or simply on top of a large salad. We have had this chicken a few weeks in a row now with roasted sweet potatoes and a side salad and it has been perfect!
You may also like:
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Lamb Shanks
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
- Yield: 4 - 6 Servings
Mexican chicken is always a winner in our house, it is so versatile you can serve it with wholegrain rice, sweet potatoes, wholegrain wraps or simply on top of a large salad.
- 500 grams Chicken Breast 4 small to medium chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 50 ml Water
- Place all of the spices and salt into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the spice mixture onto a plate and then dip each chicken breast into the mixture, coating both sides.
- Place the coated chicken breasts into the slow cooker and pour over any remaining spice mixture.
- Pour the water over the top of the chicken and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker onto LOW and cook for 6 hours.
- Once cooked, shred up the chicken and stir it into the remaining liquid.
- Serve with roasted sweet potatoes and a large side salad.