The pumpkin makes the porridge quite savoury so the dates really help to sweeten it but if you didn’t want to use dates you could just sweeten to taste with maple syrup.
You can buy pumpkin puree from Waitrose and Ocado or you could just puree your own from a fresh pumpkin.
Clean Eating Pumpkin Pie Porridge
- Yield: 1 Servings
The pumpkin makes the porridge quite savoury so the dates really help to sweeten it but if you didn't want to use dates you could just sweeten to taste with maple syrup.
- 20 grams Rolled Oats
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Mixed Spice
- 2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Medjool Dates stones removed and diced
- 180 ml Milk of choice I used Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Maple Syrup or more to taste
- Place all of the ingredients (apart from the maple syrup) into a saucepan and turn on the heat.
- Stir the mixture whilst cooking for a couple of minutes until thickened.
- Once cooked, pour into your serving bowl and add an extra splash of milk, and maple syrup to taste.