Mmmmmm! These are soooooo goooood!
When we were living with my parents last summer my mum and I became professionals at meal planning. Each week we asked everyone if/when they would be home for dinner, we made sure that we planned meals that everyone would enjoy (we loved it when the ‘Dads’ were out and we could eat something quick like soup with the kids!) and we were also pretty clever with where we shopped so that we could keep to a budget. It worked so well, we were able to keep everyone happy as well as keep things nice and simple for us so that we didn’t have to spend hours in the kitchen.
Every now and then mum would make the Dads something extra special for dinner. They love Jamie Olivers Lamb Koftas from his 5 Ingredients Cookbook and so she made them whenever we had the time to make something else for the rest of us (The Koftas were a bit spicy for us!). The Dads absolutely loved Kofta days and they did make the house smell amazing!
Since we have been in our new house, there have been no Kofta days so I thought it would be fun to make my own so that the whole family could enjoy them! These are so delicious, really simple and easy to make and are such a crowd pleaser. We served our koftas in mini wholemeal pitta breads with some cottage cheese (natural yoghurt or houmous would also work), red onion and coriander but you could serve them however you like.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Chicken Fajita Kebabs
- Clean Eating Turkey Cranberry Meatballs
- Clean Eating Goats Cheese & Pineapple Salsa Wrap
Clean Eating Mini Lamb Koftas
- Yield: 26 Koftas (4 Servings)
- Ready In:
We served our koftas in mini wholemeal pitta breads with some cottage cheese, red onion and coriander but you could serve them however you like.
- 500 grams Lamb Mince
- 1 Red Onion finely diced
- 1 Garlic Clove minced/finely grated
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Coriander finely chopped (plus more to serve, optional)
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180*C
- Place all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix together with your hands until well combined.
- Take out 1 Tablespoon of mixture and form into little fat sausages and place into a baking dish
- Continue until you have used up all of the mixture.
- Place the Koftas into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve in wholemeal flat breads with yoghurt/cottage cheese, red onion & fresh coriander with a side salad and homemade potato wedges.