Ooooh I do love this! This meal always seems to be created one way or another at the end of the week when my fridge is looking a little bare. Although having chicken leftover is very rare, mushrooms and kale always seem to linger around, eager to be created into something fabulous – and this is pretty fabulous if I do say so myself!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Chicken Supreme is basically chicken in a creamy white sauce, usually made with lashings of double cream. As a child I can remember having play dates with friends who ate chicken supreme for lunch. For LUNCH!! I always thought lunch was a marmite sandwich, but these kids had creamy chicken and rice…. and they didn’t ever share, not even one sneaky bite. I don’t blame them.
I’m a 99.9% dairy-free clean-eater, so chicken supreme is definitely off menu…. Unless of course, you make it without the cream. So that’s exactly what I’ve done, and its amazing. Clean Eating Chicken and Mushroom Supreme is the perfect springtime meal. It’s light but warm and filling and its quick and easy to make. It tastes amazing over wholegrain basmati rice.
Chicken and Mushroom Supreme
- Yield: 6 Servings
Clean Eating Chicken and Mushroom Supreme is the perfect springtime meal. It's light but warm and filling and its quick and easy to make. It tastes amazing over wholegrain basmati rice.
- 1/2 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 60 grams Kale finely sliced
- 150 grams Mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 litre Water
- 4 teaspoons Bouillion Stock Powder reduced salt, organic if possible
- 425 grams Chicken Mini Fillets
- 4 teaspoons Corn Flour
- 2 teaspoons Water
- Place the olive oil, onion, kale and mushrooms into a saucepan and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the minced garlic and stir, allowing it to cook for around 30 seconds.
- Pour in the water and add the stock powder and whole chicken mini fillets. Bring to the boil, with the heat on high.
- Once bubbling turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take out the whole chicken mini fillets and shred them up with two forks before returning back to the saucepan to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked through and turn off the heat.
- In a cup, mix up the corn flour with 2 teaspoons of water until it creates a smooth paste.
- Pour the cornflour mixture into the saucepan and stir.
- Turn the heat back on and let it cook and thicken up slightly for a further minute or so. - Add more cornflour if necessary.
- Serve over wholegrain rice with a side salad or steamed vegetables.