I LOVE me some brown rice pasta! I think it is a genius creation to be able to enjoy pasta and spaghetti without eating it in it’s most common wheat form. Perfect for those who cannot or do not want to eat gluten and perfect for someone like me who just likes to change it up every so often.
You can buy a couple of different brands of brown rice pasta but my favourite is most definitely Rizopia. Rizopia make delicious organic brown rice pasta in all shapes and sizes. They definitely have the widesest variety of products that I have ever seen in any gluten free pasta company. I buy mine from Ocado or Planet Organic but you can also purchase the whole range from Amazon here where you can get free delivery!
I have tried most of the range but Rizopia were kind enough to send me some Fettuccine and Macaroni and I love them! This recipes is so simple and so delicious. I used my Clean Eating Kale Pesto (made with pine nuts instead of walnuts) for this recipe and it turned out so well. This is the perfect meal to make with leftover pesto and goats cheese. Serve with a large colourful side salad and you are onto a winner!
Did you know that registered coeliacs can ask their doctor for Rizopia. Rizopia is the cheapest gluten free pasta supplied to the NHS so they would also be spending less of their budget by prescribing it! For more information please check out www.rizopia.co.uk
Other Clean Eating Rizopia Recipes;
- Clean Eating Gluten Free Chicken & Broccoli Lasagne
- Clean Eating Turkey Broccoli Brown Rice Pasta
- Clean Eating Tuna Brown Rice Pasta
Clean Eating Pesto Goats Cheese Fettuccine
- Yield: 2 Servings
This is the perfect meal to make with leftover pesto and goats cheese. Serve with a large colourful side salad and you are onto a winner!
- 150 grams Brown Rice Fettuccine Or any wholegrain spaghetti/pasta
- 2 Tablespoons Soft Goats Cheese
- 4 teaspoons Clean Pesto (see recipe link above)
- 1 handful Cherry Tomatoes halved
- Place the fettuccine into a pan of boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions. (I cooked mine for about 9 minutes).
- Whilst the fettuccine is cooking, boil the kettle ready to rinse the pasta in a colander once it is cooked.
- Place the cooked pasta back into the pan or a bowl and stir through the goats cheese and pesto until well combined. (If the pasta is too sticky for your liking, just drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil until it has loosened).
- Stir through the cherry tomato halves and serve with a large side salad.