I am a huge fan of brown rice pasta. I don’t have a gluten intolerance, nor am I opposed to gluten in any way, I just really really like it!
This lasagne is so incredibly tasty. It’s gluten free, dairy free and quick and easy to make. I would choose it over regular lasagne any day! It was a huge hit with my boys too and is now a firm family favourite.
These are the lasagne sheets that I used, I purchased them from Ocado. They were a little pricey at £3.95 for the box but you would be able to make two of these lasagnes out of it. I pre cooked the lasagne sheets for 7 minutes before I put the lasagne together and baked it in the oven for 15 minutes.
You may also like:
Clean Eating Gluten Free Chicken & Broccoli Lasagne
- Yield: 4 Servings
This lasagne is so incredibly tasty. Its gluten free, dairy free and quick and easy to make. I would choose it over regular lasagne any day! It was a huge hit with my boys too and is now a firm family favourite.
- 500 ml Milk of choice I used Almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons Nurtitional Yeast or parmasan Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Bouillion Stock Powder reduced salt, organic if possible
- 425 grams Chicken Mini Fillets
- 200 grams Fresh Broccoli Florets the very tips of the broccoli
- 50 grams Kale finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Cornflour to thicken with a little water
- 9 Brown Rice Lasagne Sheets
- Preheat the oven to 180C and get a large pan of boiling water ready on the hob to cook the lasagne sheets.
- Pour the milk into a large saucapan and add the nutritional yeast and stock powder. Bring to a light bubble and stir.
- Add the mini chicken fillets whole to the milk and cook over a medium/low heat for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, take out the mini fillets and break them up with a knife and fork before placing them back into the milk mixture.
- Meanwhile add the brown rice lasagne sheets to the pan of boiling water and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and kale to the chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. You can use some cornflour mixed with water to thicken up the liquid at the end of cooking.
- Once the lasagne sheets are cooked, drain them in a colander.
- Spoon a layer of the chicken and broccoli on the bottom of your lasagne dish and top with 3 sheets, (slightly overlapping) of brown rice lasagne.
- Repeat this process again and finish with a final topping of brown rice lasagne sheets. If there is any leftover liquid from the chicken you can spread this over the top.
- Cover the lasagne dish with kitchen foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes remove from the oven before cutting and serving with a large side salad.