We all love salmon in our house, it was my eldest sons favourite food as a toddler. It can be quite expensive to buy, so when it is on offer I make sure I stock up.
I don’t usually do anything fancy with our salmon, just bake it in a foil parcel with some sliced lemon on top, but today I thought it would be nice to top it with some homemade pesto for a change. It was really tasty and we all really enjoyed it.
Clean Eating Oven Baked Pesto Salmon makes a great little alternative to plain salmon. You don’t need to use a lot of pesto, a little goes a long way. You could serve this with some baby new potatoes and steamed vegetables, or wholegrain spaghetti and a side salad.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Summertime Salmon Quinoa
- Clean Eating Salmon Broccoli Spaghetti
- Clean Eating Pesto Scrambled Eggs
Clean Eating Oven Baked Pesto Salmon
- Yield: 4 Servings
Clean Eating Oven Baked Pesto Salmon is a great little change from plain salmon. You don't need to use a lot of pesto, a little goes a long way. This tastes great with some baby new potatoes and steamed vegetables, or wholegrain spaghetti and a side salad.
- Preheat your oven to 160°C fan assisted or 180°C non fan assisted.
- Tear off 4 pieces of tin foil big enough to make a parcel for each of the pieces of salmon.
- Place each salmon fillet in the middle of a piece of foil and spread over 1/2 Tablespoon of pesto (or less) on the top of each one. You don't want it to be thick, just a thin layer of pesto will be perfect).
- Once the pesto is on the salmon, fold each foil parcel up at the sides, and then fold the top together.
- Place the salmon parcels onto a baking tray and into the oven for 25 minutes.
- Check the salmon is cooked through before serving with baby new potatoes and steamed seasonal vegetables.