Turkey Meatballs with Rosemary and Feta
Meatballs are probably one of my favourite things to share on the blog because they are so simple and easy to make and the flavour possibilities are endless. This week I decided to make some simple Turkey Meatballs with Rosemary and Feta using only 5 ingredients and they were amazing. I find it so crazy that just a handful of ingredients can create something so delicious and flavourful.
Turkey mince is my ‘go to’ mince for making meatballs because it is so cheap and goes well with a lot of flavours, plus I really love the taste of it. Most supermarkets sell turkey mince made from from either turkey thighs or turkey breast. I personally almost always buy turkey thigh mince as it is a lot cheaper than turkey breast mince. I also think it tastes better too. One thing that I have found is that turkey thigh mince seems to go off really quickly. To avoid this I make sure I purchase it with a long ‘use by’ date and then eat it within a few days of buying it.
What to serve with Turkey Meatballs
These Turkey Meatballs with Rosemary and Feta are really delicious and versatile. You can serve them any way you like. I enjoyed them in a salad for lunch but for dinner I would serve them with Summer Roasted Veggie Quinoa, Quick Roasted Veggetable Wholegrain Spaghetti or with some tasty Easy Vegetable Wholegrain Rice. They would also be really nice in a regular tomato sauce with spaghetti.
How long can you keep Turkey Meatballs?
I enjoy making meatballs as part of my meal prep some weeks. They are really good for portioning out and keep in the fridge for 3 days. Pre-cooked meatballs are also really handy to have in the fridge to snack on when you are hungry. The protein helps to curb your hunger pangs until your next meal, plus they just taste really good!
More Turkey Mince Recipes
If you are ever stuck for ideas on how to use up turkey mince then you can check out these 12 Healthy Turkey Mince Recipes on the blog.
Click Here and follow The Kitchen Shed on Instagram for daily healthy meal inspiration, recipe updates, giveaways and more!
Clean Eating Rosemary Feta Meatballs
- Yield: 24 (4 Servings)
- Ready In:
5 simple ingredients from Aldi and loads of lunch, dinner or snack potential for less than £4. Bargain! This recipe would also work really well with beef or lamb mince.
- 500 grams Turkey Thigh Mince
- 1 small Red Onion finely diced
- 1 Garlic Clove minced/finely grated
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary finely chopped
- 50 grams Feta Cheese crumbled up
- Preheat the oven to 180*C and have a baking tray ready for the meatballs to go in.
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix together thoroughly using your hands.
- Take out approximately 1 Tablespoon of mixture and roll into a ball before placing on the baking tray. Repeat this process until you have used up all the mixture.
- Place the meatballs into the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Once cooked, serve and enjoy or allow to cool and keep in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.