Bring back the taste of sunshine no matter the weather with this delicious, quick and easy Vegan Sundried Tomato Pesto with the help of Ciao Gusto at Ocado.
Ciao Gusto is your one stop shop for all of your authentic Italian food and drink needs and is now easily accessible from its own shop on Ocado. When you shop from the Ciao Gusto tab you have access to over 30 popular Italian brands including familiar favourites like Cirio, Riso Gallo, Barilla and Giovanni Rana.
Not only does Ciao Gusto allow you to search through these fantastic brands, on their website Ciao Gusto you can also browse through their delicious recipes according to ingredient, preparation time, course or occasion and add the ingredients needed straight into your shopping basket. Trying something new has never been easier as you explore the joys of Italian cooking through tips, advice and information about each product. You most certainly will also open up your culinary world to new and exciting brands that you have never heard of before.
Noberasco is a little gem that I was able to find on the Ciao Gusto shop this week. Noberasco are a fantastic food brand from Liguria who specialise in dried fruit and nuts and they also offer an organic, preservative free range which I was particularly excited about.
National Nut Day is just around the corner this Sunday 22nd October, so I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to showcase Noberasco’s Organic Cashew Nuts in this delicious Sundried Tomato Pesto which also features Noberasco’s Organic Soft Dried Tomatoes (these are amazing!). It’s not easy to find sundried tomatoes which are not packed in oil, so I was really excited to get my hands on these beauties! (You can find them on the Ciao Gusto Shop Here).
This recipe makes just a small batch, perfect for quick meals like pesto pasta or to use as a vegetable dip at lunchtimes. It is so versatile, you can use it as a pizza topping, stirred into scrambled eggs or spread on bread in a sandwich. No matter how you serve it, it is sure to taste delicious!
You may also like:
Clean Eating Kale, Walnut & Basil Pesto
Clean Eating Coriander Pesto
Clean Eating Spinach Pesto
Clean Eating Vegan Sundried Tomato Pesto
- Yield: 5 Tablespoons (5 Servings)
It is so versatile, you can use it as a pizza topping, stirred into scrambled eggs or spread on bread in a sandwich. No matter how you serve it, it is sure to taste delicious!
- 25 grams Organic Cashew Nuts I used Noberasco
- 20 grams Soft Dried Tomatoes I used Noberasco
- 10 grams Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Water or extra oil
- 1 pinch Sea Salt if needed - I didn't add any salt.
- Place the organic cashew nuts, soft dried tomatoes and basil leaves into a food processor and blend together well.
- Whilst the food processor is on, add the olive oil, lemon juice and water or extra olive oil to create a pesto to your desired consistency.
- Scrape down the sides and continue blending until smooth.
- Serve or store in an airtight container, topped with extra olive oil in the fridge for 3 days or freeze.