I have had a few epic fails whilst trying to come up with the perfect turkey burger but I have finally created a recipe that I love and all of the boys approved too. Phew!
I have never been much of a burger fan but the thought of making my own burgers has always appealed to me. Its fun food that can be personalised on your plate by adding whatever toppings and fillings you like. My topping of choice for these burgers is wholegrain mustard, Oh yeah! Its good!
These Clean Eating Turkey Burgers are so simple to make. You can serve them in homemade burger buns or by themselves with some potatoes and salad. I baked mine in the oven but you can try them out on the BBQ this summer too!
You can check out more delicious turkey recipes from our fabulous sponsors, British Turkey.
You may also like
Clean Eating Turkey Burgers
- Yield: 6 Burgers
- Ready In:
These Clean Eating Turkey Burgers are so simple to make. You can serve them in homemade burger buns, or by themselves with some potatoes and salad. I baked mine in the oven, but you can try them out on the BBQ this summer too!
- 400 grams Turkey Mince
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice I used olive oil
- 1 small Onion finely diced
- 1 Garlic Clove minced/finely grated
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil finely chopped
- 1 pinch each of Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper, preferably a baking tray with raised edges as the burgers will release liquid whilst cooking.
- Place the oil into a saucepan and cook the onion over a low heat for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the garlic.
- Pour the onion and garlic onto a plate to cool and set aside.
- Place the turkey mince into a large mixing bowl and add the chopped herbs, salt and pepper. Once the onion mixture has cooled add it to the turkey and give everything a good mix to combine with your hands.
- Once thoroughly combined, divide the mixture into 6 equal balls and place them onto the baking tray.
- Press each of the burgers down with your hands until they are approximately 1-2cm thick.
- Place the burgers into the oven and cook for 25 minutes or until browned on top and completely cooked through.