Over the last couple of years, my take on clean eating has become a lot more relaxed. I believe in eating the way YOU want to eat, whatever makes you feel at your best and for me and my family that means making the best possible choices in our circumstances without it being completely inconvenient or stressing if something isn’t technically clean.
We don’t eat a huge amount of sausages, but we do eat sausages and they are not always ‘clean’ (remember, I try to make the best choices possible). But if I happen to be shopping on Ocado or pop in to our local farm shop, I will often pick up some cleaner sausages to pop in the freezer for whenever we want them (especially if they are on offer).
I made this recipe in-between Christmas and New Year and it was such hit with the family (probably because everyone was so sick of Christmas food) and so I wanted to create it again for the blog whilst I had some Eversifield Organic Gluten Free Sausages which I bought from Ocado this week. They are probably the ‘cleanest’ sausages on the market at the moment and I really like them.
This is a quick, fuss free, flavour packed meal which uses very few ingredients (perfect when the fridge is a little bare) but feel free to bulk it out by adding some veggies or lentils to it when you make it (mushrooms and courgettes would be yummy!).
Click Here and follow The Kitchen Shed on Instagram for daily healthy meal inspiration, recipe updates, giveaways and more!
Clean Eating Speedy Sausage Bolognese
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
This is a quick, fuss free flavour packed meal using very few ingredients but feel free to bulk it out by adding some veggies or lentils to it when you make it (mushrooms and courgettes would be yummy!).
- 1 tsp Oil of choice I used olive oil
- 6 Sausages (skins removed) I used Eversfield Organic Gluten Free Sausages
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
- 1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 250 ml Water
- 1 bunch Fresh Parsley/Basil chopped, to serve (optional)
- 1 pinch Fine Sea Salt/Black Pepper optional (if needed)
- Place the oil into a saucepan and heat over medium/low.
- Place the skinned sausages into the saucepan and whilst they cook, break up the sausage meat with a wooden spoon. (This takes a couple of minutes).
- Once the sausage meat is cooked, add the garlic powder, onion powder and dried herbs and tomato puree and stir.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and water and turn the heat to high until bubbling.
- Once bubbling, reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minute or until reduced down and thickened. Season to taste (remember the sausages already have salt in them).
- Serve with your favourite wholegrain spaghetti and a large side salad.